maroon bias-cut velvet pinstripe suit

emilie's knitting/costuming blog

Saturday, December 06, 2008

corn on the cob... and my head



i just finished a hat for mari-chan's sister.  it's lovely.  it's amazing.  i think even i'm impressed by how nice it looks.


i used a yarn made from corn fiber; i thought it would be fitting, since she's mexican and there's no way it could be itchy.  it works really well for the pattern.  the stitch definition on the cables is great.


i think the knitting only took four days.  it was just that much fun to knit.  i didn't expect to enjoy a hat this much.  it is an excellently designed pattern and the yarn is lovely.  i also haven't gotten much knitting in recently.  and i certainly haven't gotten any interesting knitting in lately.  i think the last thing i was working on that was remotely interesting was icarus.  0.o everything else has been stockinette or otherwise really simple.


it's made me realize that i really need interesting knitting in my life.  i really need interesting knitting in my life.  i've been out more evenings recently with ballroom dancing.  and then there was halloween and the costuming that entailed.  and i just hadn't gotten to casting on interesting projects.  or lace at all.  i think this is the longest i haven't had an active lace project since i started.  and i was sad.  but then i had the lovely hat and i'm designing an ear warmer and i'm planning on casting on some lace this weekend.


of course, this knitting is on top of the sweater i'm knitting for my mother's holiday gift and the shrug for my dad's girlfriend... and maybe some socks for my grandmother... and my other grandmother... and my aunt...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home